- Boards & Commissions
- Town Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Human Resources
- Mayor & Board of Aldermen
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Contact Us
Town of Centreville....A Great Place to Live!
CHIEF OF POLICE POSITION
TOWN OF CENTREVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT
SALARY: Depends on Qualifications
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY:
● A search is underway to attract a highly qualified individual to lead the Centreville Mississippi
Police Department and welcomes candidates with diverse backgrounds who can demonstrate a
record of achievement that matches the needs of the Department.
● The Police Chief will lead the department and collaborate with the community to make thoughtful
and comprehensive operational enhancements.
● The Chief will have a tremendous opportunity to build a positive culture in a department that
provides professional police services to a diverse community.
● Centreville is seeking a Police Chief who is passionate about that mission and enthusiastic about
Appointed by and serving at the pleasure of the Mayor and Board of Aldermen, the Police Chief is
responsible for the overall leadership, culture, performance, and efficiency of the police department and
its relationship with the entire community, Town government, and outside agencies.
CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES:
The Chief of Police for the Centreville Police Department will have a number of identified challenges and
opportunities to address among them are:
● Like most departments, the Centreville Police Department must critically review its policies,
procedures, and practices through the lens of equity, accountability, and transparency to ensure
that it earns the trust and legitimacy from the Centreville community.
● The Chief of Police will have opportunities to enhance technologies and methodologies within the
Agency to gain both efficiency and effectiveness for the Department.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
The ideal candidate is a servant leader who inspires confidence and trust from the community and will
earn the respect of police department employees, peers and town staff will also have strong skills in the
● Recognize the complexities of policing a small community, including the necessity of strong
partnerships with allied agencies, the community and other partners.
● Be open-minded, inclusive, visible, accessible, and engaged in the department and community
● Build strong and genuine connections with the diverse components of the Centreville community
● Be an engaged contributor to a number of community organizations.
● The Chief will be expected to lead the Department in maintaining existing relations while
engaging with new organizations and partners to develop a safe and orderly environment.
● Recognize the accomplishments of the past but create and cast a shared vision for the future.
● This shared vision must be developed inclusively with Centreville neighborhoods through open
and honest dialogue regarding current local issues.
● Be a strategic manager who will examine the department’s mission and update it as required.
● Be a progressive and accomplished executive who welcomes innovation and supports the practice
of modern law enforcement.
● Be a strategic thinker who can effectively analyze problems and present practical solutions.
● Be a capable operations manager and administrator who makes sound business decisions.
TRANSPARENT AND INCLUSIVE
● Embrace a collaborative leadership style and be inclusive, engaged, and visionary.
● Promote an inclusive workplace that promotes the Town’s values of fairness, equality and
consistently holding employees accountable for competency, performance, and conduct.
● A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a related field of studies, such as criminal
justice or police science or related degrees in business, communications, public administration, or
sociology is required.
● An associate degree will substitute for the bachelor’s degree if the applicant’s experience is
● Must have at least 5 years of experience in law enforcement.
● Must have at least 1 year of experience in police administration.
● Must pass the physical requirements of the state as well as the standard psychiatric test
● Possession of a valid Mississippi driver's license
● Must possess or be able to obtain within 90 days of hire and maintain training and experience
qualifications for the position as established by the Mississippi Board on Law Enforcement
Officer Standards and Training (BLEOST)
The Town of Centreville is a Drug-Free and Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates should apply with a cover letter, resume, and contact information for at least five (5)
professional references to the attention of Kimberly Montgomery, Town Clerk, P.O. Box 578, Centreville,
If you need any help filling out your information for Census please call us at 601-645-5218 or come by Town Hall.
Please click on the following link and answer our Community Crime Survey. Thank you for taking the time to help us make our community better.
FOR CONSUMER CONFIDENCE REPORT PLEASE CHECK WATER QUALITY REPORT UNDER RESIDENTS SECTION
CHECK POLICE DEPARTMENT SECTION FOR NEW TRUCK ROUTE
PLEASE CHECK UNDER COMMUNITY FOR COVID 19 UPDATES