Water & Gas Utilities


As you are aware, due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Governor Reeves issued a State of Emergency for the State of Mississippi. Under this emergency order, the Mississippi Public Service Commission then issued a Do Not Disconnect Order to all Utilities in the State. This order was due to expire on May 15, 2020, but has been extended to Tuesday, May 26, 2020. At this time the order will expire and will not be extended beyond this date. Thus, if your account is past due and delinquent, then your utility will be subject to termination starting Wednesday morning, May 27, 2020. The reason for this 11-day extension on the order is to give the customer time to make arrangements to bring their account to current status or the have other arrangements worked out.

If your account is past due or delinquent, then this letter is considered as your final notice. Please make arrangements to bring your accounts up to current status prior to 5 o'clock p.m. on Tuesday, May 26, 2020, to avoid any interruptions in your service.

Kimberly Montgomery

Town Clerk





At the Town of Centreville, we are committed to providing safe, high-quality water services to our community, while maintaining a standard of excellence in customer service and environmental conservation.  Feel free to call our office if you have any questions or need assistance with any matters related to the water we provide!

Frequently Asked Questions

How could I have used this much water?

You may not have - the numbers on your meter may have been transposed or hard to read. You could possibly have a leaky toilet or faucet that's difficult to detect. Just call the office and we'll work with you to solve the problem.

My bill is past due can I get an extension?

Please contact our office. Extenuating circumstances may require you being placed on the next month's agenda to speak with the Board of Aldermen.

What do I do if I am experiencing low pressure?

Check your meter and the surrounding area for possible leaks. Next, call our office and report low pressure for your area.

Why do I have a previous balance when I know I sent in my payment?

We may have received it after the due date or we may not have received it at all. Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.

Why is my water discolored?

A repair could have been completed recently allowing air to enter the line, causing the milky look.

Is my meter working correctly?

The mechanical design of a wate meter is very similar to the odometer in your car. It will only measure the amount of water coming through the meter. The meter will never run faster than it was designed to, and it cannot speed u pr register a higher reading than actual usage. As the mechanism ages, the meter slows, measuring less usage and eventually stops registering altogether. During regular maintenance, the Town replaces these meters when the need arises.

What do I do if there is water in my meter box?

Meter boxes are set in the ground and will retain water from various sources such as rain, sprinklers or runoff. If none of these are sources and you see water in your meter box, you may have a leak. Look at the dials on the meter. Movement of the dial tells you water is moving through your meter and that you are losing water somewhere on your side of the meter. If the dial is not turning, you may have a service leak. A service leak is a leak on the Town side of the meter and does not affect your consumption or your water bill.

Why is my sewer bill different each month?

Your sewer bill is calculated by the amount of water consumption at 63%. Meaning, your sewer bill will cost you 63% of your water consumption. Centreville is currently using a sewer lagoon treatment facility.

I have found and repaired my leak. Can I get an adjustment?

The Town can adjust your water bill if you had water go through your meter that you did not receive any use of such as a leak. A customer only needs to bring in plumbing receipts for parts or services (or both) showing the repairs have been completed to the Board of Aldermen meeting the first Tuesday of each month at 6:00pm in the Board room at the Town Hall. Once approved by the board the bill can be adjusted.